“All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.”
Day 2 was the worst. I never thought I would say this but I think I’d rather go fruitarian than vegan any time. I’ve read a couple of GM Diet blogs and found that most people struggled with Day 2. I didn’t get the chance to have a wider variety of flavors because of the lack of seasonings and dressings that I could use. Getting through the day was such a challenge because by the end of it, I just wanted to sleep and go on to Day 3. The entire day of stuffing myself with nothing but fiber took a toll on my sweet tooth. I take back everything I said yesterday– GIVE ME ALL THE SUGAR I CAN GET!
What I ate:
- 1 large backed potato with a pinch of salt, 1/4 tbsp butter and 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 a pack of raw baby cut carrots (approx 2 cups)
- 1 cup steamed snap peas
- 2 cups steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots seasoned with 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 bunch baked asparagus seasoned with 1/4 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt
- 2 cups water based broccoli soup
- (No GM Wonder soup for me today– I don’t really like the batch I cooked up. I’m probably gonna make a new one this Friday.)
- 2.5 liters of water
What I did:
- 30 minutes on the Precor Crossbody Ramp (Total distance covered: 2.63 miles / 291 cal)
- 30 minutes on the rowing machine (Total distance covered: 4200 meters / 210 cal)
Nonetheless, I survived. Though, I’m totally burnt out because I got my period today, too. I probably won’t do any rigorous exercise routines tomorrow. I need to save my aching back. Wish me luck!