Today, Kara, you will do as I say.
Listen not to the external forces that have urged you to cram everything in your way, pushing back the time you could have spent in something actually worthwhile.
- When the clock strikes 1o, you will get away from the keyboard and run straight to your bathroom door.
- No, you will not change your outfit three times just because you think it makes your tummy look big. It is big.
- Under the scorching sun, you will drag your feet to the building everyone loves to hate.
- And, you will tweet about this slow-moving couple in Bel. Trust me on this.
- You will try to make sense of Theology, wait an hour, then whine about how you didn’t make sense of it at all.
- Berch waits for you, you succumb to its call. After all, a class with Sir Yapan is one you dare not miss.
- (You will think of going to Taft, control yourself)
- You will go home, do your Filipino Paper and COM101 homework.
- Time shouldn’t be wasted. Do what you can.
- When 7:30pm arrives, you will walk to school to get a nice seat in Edges.
- After being left in a daze you will —
- — its 10:10, you promised to get your ass moving.
Today, Kara, you will listen to me. You will.
Although it has been pouring over Manila the last couple of days, my words seem to have stopped right when I ended my previous post. After eight long days of trying to muster up a decent blog entry to fill in this space, I can’t seem to compose a post-worthy paragraph.
“Just write,” I said to myself, “no excuses.”
So today, on this gloomy Tuesday afternoon, I finally decide to go for it. So whatever will come up in the next few lines, please cut me a little slack. (Even my tweets seem to have lacked life lately.)
I’m currently in bed with a bag of caramel puffs by my side, my laptop conveniently sitting on top of me, and a bunch on pillows embracing my PMS-ing self. I haven’t been checking my phone even though I know for a fact that an important message might be there just because I don’t feel like it. My aching back is killing me and an SMS that will make me think is the last thing I want in my life right now. Although I know I’m going to regret this all later tonight.
The next days, however, are quite a few I’m looking forward to. Hopefully, I get to see my bestfriend whom I feel like I haven’t caught up with in ages (Lexie just flew in from Singapore last night), attend our July storycon on Thursday, and go out of town with the family this coming weekend to celebrate my brother’s coming of age (he turned 13 last week). But, I don’t want to hype myself up since the only thing certain in this list is Thursday — the rest have a huge percentage of getting postponed again.
I’ve drafted and drafted and drafted, but I really seem to be stuck in a rut. I’m posting this unfinished post to remind me someday of how I am when writer’s block hits me. Let’s just hope this doesn’t happen when I need words the most.